These Cheesy Gluten-Free Biscuits made with Core and Rind Sharp & Tangy Cashew Cheesy Sauce are vegan, paleo, grain-free, and made with almond flour! Ready in less than 30 minutes, they make a great little snack or pair well with your favorite soup, especially in the cooler days of fall and winter. It’s comfort food at its finest!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15-18 minutes
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 5 tablespoons water)
- 2 ½ cups finely ground almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Core and Rind Sharp & Tangy Cashew Cheesy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coconut flour, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix flax "egg" ingredients (ground flax and water). Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate, large bowl, mix almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, baking soda, salt and nutritional yeast. Stir gently to combine and remove any lumps.
- Add Cashew Cheesy Sauce and olive oil to the flax eggs and mix.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- For thicker biscuits: shape dough into 1-inch high biscuits. For cut out biscuits: dust surface with coconut flour. Smooth out dough onto the surface using your hands. Cut with a biscuit cutter or your favorite cookie cutters.
- For thicker biscuits, bake for 18 minutes. For thinner cut out biscuits, bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Store: In an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days. Store in the refrigerator longer up to 5 days. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months, thaw and enjoy.
Can I use other flours?
I don’t recommend it, as this recipe has been specifically tested with almond flour. Coconut flour is only needed if you cut the biscuits into shapes.
How can I tell my biscuits are done baking?
When the biscuits start to turn slightly brown on the bottom, it’s time to take them out of the oven. Follow recommended baking times for best results.
Can I use another variation of cheesy sauce?
Yes! The taste will change, but this would be delicious for variety.