This delish pasta salad is loaded up with crunchy veggies, briny dill pickles for a tangy bite, summer-fresh herbs, and our Sharp & Tangy Cashew Cheesy Sauce! It's gluten-free, dairy-free and quick to whip up, making it the perfect +1 for all your BBQs, cookouts, and potlucks.
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 -2 dill pickle slices, chopped
- ¼ cup of frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ vegan sour cream
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Core and Rind Sharp & Tangy
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 - 3 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free elbow macaroni
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Prepare vegetables by chopping red onion, bell pepper, celery, pickles and tomatoes. Thaw peas by running under warm water. Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Make creamy sauce by combining your homemade vegan sour cream, Core and Rind Sharp & Tangy, salt, pepper and fresh parsley in another bowl. Stir together.
- Place macaroni in a bowl with prepared vegetables, add your creamy sauce and stir well to combine.
- Either serve immediately or for best taste chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Do not freeze.
Can I use other types of pasta?
Any round shaped pasta is best. Think macaroni, small shells or small round pasta shapes.
Can I use store bought dairy free sour cream?
Of course, use your favorite recipe or store brand.
Can I use a different variety of Core and Rind?
Yes! Bold & Spicy Cashew Cheesy Sauce would be delicious with fresh cilantro as your herb.
How many does this serve?
This will serve 3-4 people, double if feeding a crowd.