USE CODE CoreMDV to get 15% off at coreandrind.com and mesadevida.com!
8 small tortillas
14 oz canned beans of your choice (black, pinto, kidney, etc.) about 1-1/2 cups, rinsed and drained well
3 Tbsp Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Flavor Recipe Starter and Cooking Sauce
2 Tbsp water
Salt to taste
1 cup Rich & Smoky Cashew Cheesy Sauce
optional for serving: dairy-free sour cream or cashew cream, salsa, hot sauce, sliced olives, sliced jalapenos, avocado, guacamole
Ingredients for the enchilada sauce:
1/2 cup Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Flavor Recipe Starter and Cooking Sauce
3 Tbsp water
salt and hot sauce to taste, a squeeze or honey or date syrup if you like it your enchilada sauce a little sweeter
- Make the enchilada sauce by whisking together the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Have a baking dish/casserole dish ready.
- Add the beans, Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Flavor Recipe Starter and Cooking Sauce, water, and salt/hot sauce to taste to a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, lower the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove from the heat. Mash the beans with the back of fork until you have a creamy mash, but it doesn't have to be completely smooth. Set aside.
- Wrap your stack of tortillas in a towel and place in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until soft and pliable. Lay the soft tortillas out onto a cutting board, or tray.
- Spread the flavorful mashed bean mixture evenly across the center of all the tortillas. Top with Cashew Cheesy Sauce. Roll each tortilla up and place in the baking/casserole dish.
- Pour the reserved enchilada sauce evenly over the top of your enchiladas. Pour Cashew Cheesy Sauce evenly over the top of the sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until the enchiladas are fully heated through.
- Serve with toppings of your choice and enjoy!